Burned By Amy Reed
I've had this book "Burned" by Ellen Hopkins and I just finished it. It was really intriguing and i couldn't put it down. I didn't want to do a blog post about it midway because I felt there was more to it. It is about Pattyn Von-Stratten who is growing up in a very strict Mormon family. She questions her role as a woman in the Mormon community.
This book was new to me because first off it was in verse making it a bigger book but I found it easier to read because of the format. The book was also in my opinion a fiction documentary because it was written so well and as if someone was following her around with a camera and writing everything down. This is how descriptive the book was and shows how much I could invasion the book. Lastly the topic was so unique and I don't think that any other author could have written about this in any other way and so beautifuly.
This book made me think and made so thankful for what we have. I do however think that this book is a little extreme because it shows the bad side of growing up Mormon and the stero-types but I don't know anyone that is Mormon but then I remember that the book is fiction, Thats how relistic it was to me.
- Aleyna
oh, i would love to read that book! it sounds interesting to read! i might add it to my to-read list, and get it over the weekend!
ReplyDeletevery good post!
yumeno
Thanks Yumeno,
ReplyDeleteIt might be too late but there are like 7 copies in the classroom. I really reccomend it.
Let me know how you like it if you read it!
- Aleyna