Winter vs. Summer
Cold vs. Warmth
As winter pushes forward and the winds push me back, I can only wish for summer. Those long nights and bright days call me, but their cries go unanswered. I would love to be in Australia or even California where the water is warm and bulky clothes could be packed away. But then I wouldn't appreciate would I appreciate the warmth, or would it be granted.
If it the sun was constantly beaming and I wasn't layered then would I still appreciate it. I have this feeling often. If we as humans didn't face the storm would we still love calm? So for now, I guess we have to face the dark so we can look forward to the light. So I write, cozy in my bed, heat blasting and jackets layered on, waiting for the warmth to return but respecting the cold for what it is.
- Aleyna
No comments:
Post a Comment